The Best Graphics....

Status
Not open for further replies.
DoomUK said:
Doom 3. Still the best-looking engine to date imo (yes, that includes F.E.A.R. because of it's lack of real-time shadows on many world geometry/models, going my the demo anyway). Don't go by 'vanilla' D3 either, browse around for some custom maps @ http://francoiscogne.free.fr/site_map-factory/mf.php?Page=doom3 to see what the engine is capable of eye-candy wise. And then there's Quake 4.
What do you mean "vanilla Doom 3"?

what means you by vanilla doom3? I bought mine at best buy this is vanilla or no resurection expand is the vanilla?

What are we talking about? The graphics of the games or the graphical potential of their engines?

Games...HL2 has the best graphics.

Engine...Doom 3. Technically it can be considered better than Source but Source as an overall engine is better.

But HL2/Source is still the most realistic graphics I have ever seen in a game. Doom 3 looks fake and the models look like plastic dolls. The scalability of Source is incredible.

Far Cry's graphics are really good but I like to see how Might and Magic will use Source and how it renders "fantasy" outdoor environments. I still think Source can render outdoor environments better and more realistically than Cry Engine 1. But Far Cry's outdoor environment looked better than HL2 mainly because of where the games took place rather than what the engines can do.

_OvErClOcKeD_ said:
how come FEAR does not count!
because I want to get a new game with amazing graphics kind of as a tech demo to see what my new comp is capable of. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom