thank god for that

Status
Not open for further replies.

joshd

Fully Optimized
last night a friend, my brother and I had a small 3 man LAN. was great fun.

during the evening, i managed to drop my USB data stick into a glass of water :mad:

i had my case side off, so i just put it on top of my graphics card's heatsink's plastic cover, and left it to dry. this morning, i found it still works! woo hoo i dont have to buy a new one now!

Those things are hardier than they appear. Mine has been through the washer and dryer twice and it still works.

:O really? i didnt know they could take that. mine was just a quick dunk, and i was well annoyed that it was most likely broken, but now it seems that they can take quite a beating.

tajahem said:
Those things are hardier than they appear. Mine has been through the washer and dryer twice and it still works.

All depends on what brand/type you get:

I found a 64MB memory key at school, inside a computer, so i tried to take it out, and the whole case just popped off the USB key. And the actual key was jammed in the USB port.

The 512MB key i have at home is pretty good quality, with a little case too, i've dropped it a few times, forgot to "eject" it from the PC. It's a PNY.

just dont put 1 in the back of a laptop and set the laptop down---you will then have a bent 1---that happend to me, i tried to soldor it together, but didnt work....:( it was back when they were $50 for a 512mb LOL

Wait...you put something wet...into your PC? Jesus, yer right, God must have liked you that day...

Those USB keys are pretty durable, just make sure they're completely dry before you use them when you get them wet and they'l work with no problem. I bent the end and cracked the case on my old one and it still works fine.

talldude123 said:
and they cost...?

well i got my 512MB PNY about 2 months ago for $80 - $60 in rebates, so $20 total.
You bought it retail then? I just picked up a 2gb Corsair on Newegg for $50

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom