Tech Humor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Roshi229

Daemon Poster
As desktop support i see a lot of things, but just yesterday took the prize. I was walking past a user's desk when i noticed something odd about her monitor. She had Windows Media player open and the monitor was covered in pink green and purple haze. i did a double take when i passed to see if this was a visualization. it was not... her monitor looked like someone had taken a huge magnet and had some fun with it. i stopped and told her she might want to press the Degauss button next to the power. she started clicking the start menue... i said no, touch with your finger, next to the power button on your monitor the button labled Degauss... she put her finger on the screen lower righthand corner. i entered the cube and pointed. she touched the Degauss button and the screen shook violently before going back to normal...
"oh WOW that's all i have to do when that happens?" she asked... i told her yes... she replied "Oh, i thought IT did it for Christmas decorations."
God Bless Tech support! yall have a Happy Holidays

EDIT: how many of you have seen stuff like this... i know you have... let hear them

This happened in RL yesterday in our tech department. We all got the email to laugh about. Read as follows:

------------------------------------------

Dear *********** help desk,

In Systems Administration (in the tools menu) under System Options, and the tab for Document Cache

Document Caching is turned ON
Available Space as been set to 0 mb

Every time I try to click on okay to exit, I get an error.
"Available Space Must be Grerater Than Zero"

The only way I can get out is to uncheck "Use a local document store cache" before I can exit the System Options dialog.

Why is this happening? I want to report this bug in your application!

-----------------------------

:) Some people are just dumb. Then there's people like this that technically should have died from natural-selection already...

My friend had someone ring up and say his internet wasn't connecting the problem was he hadn't put his password in yet

in my a+ class the teacher is letting me and some other kid install linux on some old systems, i let him start it since i was showing some other kid how to configure the bios for pre OS installation, the guy starting linux goes, hey luke, its not finding the hard drive...turns out whoever put this computer together took the floppy cable and put it on the hard drive...im like how the hell did that happen(turns out this kid is supposedly smarter than me and built that computer) **rolls eyes**

ok, now i'm guilty...
i spent 20 min. last night after reloading SuSe 9.1 on my laptop trying to get out to the internet... then i tried my desktop. it couldn't brows the internet either...
another 10 min. playing with the router.
2 min. thinking
finally i pick up the home phone (VoIP through cable Co.) and it's dead
took me half an hour to figure out that the cable was out...
i guess it was time for bed.

Similar prob. Wasn't getting online. Checking all the junk with the networking stuff for like 1.5hrs+. Double click my networking info, clicked on "scan for networks" and I'm back on. =P

lol Regulus, done that too...
here's one... i responded deskside to a report of a dead monitor... it wasn't getting any picture.
i turned on the computer.
i think the faces and reactions from the users are the best... they always look so embarased

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom