talking over the network

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thresh

Desktop Engineer
I'm on a network and curious if there is a way other than "net send" (that is not working for some reason) for us to talk back and forth?

There are Instand Messangers that you can use... If you are unable to do that, you can use the Chat funtion of Netmeeting. Netmeeting is on every xp machine.

Hmmm thanks for the links, but I would prefer not downloading anything. i.e. using what windows already has to offer. Netmeeting is great but you have to be signed on all the time. is there anyway to just "wig it" and send a message to them without having to set it up?

I think at this point it's safe to say there isn't haha.

bradybnmci said:
There are Instand Messangers that you can use... If you are unable to do that, you can use the Chat funtion of Netmeeting. Netmeeting is on every xp machine.

yes, exaclty. xp also comes with windows messenger. (MSN Instant Messenger).

Alright, I guess there isn't. You have to sign up for MSN Messenger then have it boot up every time you turn the pc on. Whereas netsend it's a service that boots up with the pc. That's what I'm looking for. I'd rather not have another program boot up with my pc. Thanks for your help anyway

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom