tailgating parents...

Status
Not open for further replies.

revenge2

In Runtime
Ever had parents like that? not the literal car tailgating.. but like FOR EVERYTHING!!. constant nagging and where u goin? what time you getting back? who are you going to be with? how are you going to get there? are there going to be girls there???

ARGHHHHGHHAGAHGAHAHAHA:eek::eek::eek:
..--yeah...as people say..."just venting.."

oh yes, my mother, my father, and possibly my grandmother. i often find myself telling my mother to "quit playing the nagpipes"

my parents are the same way, my mom wants me to act like an adult but she doesn't wanna treat me like one. Soon as I'm able to move out of my dad's apartment I'm a ghost, not gonna be telling my parents crap about my life.

since the new baby has been brn 7 weeks now, they have been takign everything i say i na negative way even when its not meant to be, and pick ***** and whyne about everything i do, when ive doen quite alot for them, like lending them 400$ and not preasurign about paying me back when my dad goes and buys a new cell phone he didnt need, oir spend money on stuff they dont need when they still owe me. ontop of all thattheyve preaty much been ignoring me and for the first time in my life my dad has been caling me stupid.

my parents have always let me be, its great
i can go out anytime i want wherever as long as i can make it to work in the morning (or school when i was still in it)
I can drink and tell them about it as long as i dont get into any real trouble
I can say whatever i want really the other day my mom and sister were arguing about the most stupidest thing ever and i called them both runts...with a c lol

As long as i dont get them in trouble or myself into any real trouble they let me do as i please

my parents have always let me be, its great
i can go out anytime i want wherever as long as i can make it to work in the morning (or school when i was still in it)
I can drink and tell them about it as long as i dont get into any real trouble
I can say whatever i want really the other day my mom and sister were arguing about the most stupidest thing ever and i called them both runts...with a c lol

As long as i dont get them in trouble or myself into any real trouble they let me do as i please

same here, its caused me a million problems...I've always been able to do what I want go where I want even at a very young age.

never caused me any real problems, actually it brought me closer to my parents because i never resented them, and if i did something and told them about it they would be able to relate with them doing the same when they were kids

Ever had parents like that? not the literal car tailgating.. but like FOR EVERYTHING!!. constant nagging and where u goin? what time you getting back? who are you going to be with? how are you going to get there? are there going to be girls there???

ARGHHHHGHHAGAHGAHAHAHA:eek::eek::eek:
..--yeah...as people say..."just venting.."

Welcome to being a teenager.

I really did not have that as problem as my parents knocked me into place in my younger years. About the only problem i did have was shortly after high school when after with my first PC. About 12 months earlier, we liberated a PC from my work as it was doing out of business. At the time, I was still mainly a Mac User. However what annoyied me was that I my father was using me as a scape-goat for where all the printer ink was going. Honestly it was not me, however i was stuck paying for ink tanks all the time.
So I jumped ship to the PC 6 months later. However the PC alway remained in the living room. Like I was the only person using it.
Dad was a Mac Nazi. Mom and my sister had not interest in computers. However every time the PC got moved to my bedroom, as soon as I left the house for any thing, it would be moved back out into the living room.
Anyways, it did take about another 6 to 12 months before my parents would allow me to keep the PC in my bedroom. And shortly after that I got the internet :)
The thing that did annoy me was that my parents would put times on when I could and could not go into the internet. Fair enough, between 4pm and 9pm at night was the most likely to stay off the internet as...
1. people might be come home and needed to be picked up at the trainstation.
2. people are most like to call at this time at night.
So I was cool with that.
However, a few years later, i'm in my first job. I can pay for my own phone line so I can be online all the time. And then my sister desides to get her own internet connection. This was just before cable/dsl came out. Did my parents put any of those restrictions on my sister. NO. Not really. It used to annoy me as I would be calling up my parents to see if they could pick me up from the trainstation and all I am getting a a busy signal.
However my parents would respect my privacy enough not to pick up my phone line.

yeah... its part of parenting.. i think for the most part parents try and keep their kids close and can 'over parent' but it happens, and just deal with it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom