Surround sound

Status
Not open for further replies.

wicaed

Beta member
Do i have to have a "surround sound" system , or can i have pairs of speakers and plug them in?

I'm pretty mad that i have to have a surround sound system if i have to. I'v tried about every hole in the back(funny) and with different settings.

I have like fairly new altec lansings w/ subwoofer, then i have some 6 yr old altec lansings ...

winxp pro sp2
Amd Athlon 64 3000
766 MB pc3200 ddr400
ati radeon 9600XT
Creative SB Audigy LS
WD200gig

alright, i bought a pair of speakers(2 speakers) w/ a subwoofer, then i was wondering if i can plug in my old speakers also and use them and like put them behind me for surround sound?

sorry, my first phrase was a tad misunderstandable.

all of the speakers have to be plugged into the subwolfer, there should be 3 cords coming from the back of your subwolfer that goes into the back of your sound card. btw your sound card is surround sound capable. you can test the speakers by clickin your sound card and going to diagnostics.

it depends on your master speaker (the one with the cords going to the other speakers) and the sound card itself. I myself had to get a new sound card to support my 5.1 surround speakers. with my 5.1 speakers I had to plug 3 cords into my sound card. one for the sub and front, one for the rear speakers, and one for the front (left and right) speakers

*edit* oh I see you have an Audgy LS, that's the same as my card. you'll have no problem with the card, it just depends on the speakers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom