Suddenly Downloading Hundreds of GBs of Data

Fmily

Beta member
Hi,
I have this strange problem where my computer downloads hundreds of GBs of data (which isn't stored on my computer for any leaning of time that I have seen). I make youtube videos and have a 250GB data cap so i occasionally check to see if i am getting close to the cap (which i never hit). So i go to check my data usage and see that last month I used 980GB of data (luckily the data cap was turned off)! so i decide to see if its my computer or one of the other three computers on my network by installing ShaPlus. so a few days after that i'm at about 20GB used and start rendering a video and i walk off to do other stuff, and when i get back, about an hour later, I've used almost 100GB of data! I look at the monthly totals of the month in ShaPlus and it has 110GB under the download tab. if you subtract the 10GB i had before you will notice 100GB of discrepancy! what is the 100GB? is it Comcast checking something? Have you heard anything like this before? Should I call Comcast about this?

Thanks! :)

Wow, that's alot of bandwidth you're using! I would definitely call Comcast and ask what's going on with your line or where the traffic is coming/going.

Back
Top Bottom