Streaming PS3 Gameplay to PC

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nelorzoul

Beta member
Hey guys I'm brand new to this forum, and thus I apologize for making my first post a question, but nevertheless I'm in need of some assistance. My friend and I live a state away, so it becomes a bit tedious to get together whenever we want to play some classic single player RPGs together. Well lately we've picked up a classic PS2 RPG and we're playing it on his PS3, but we can only get together every third or fourth weekend.

Is there a program, or a piece of hardware, that will allow him to stream his PS3 gameplay so that I may view it from my house? Somebody's Yahoo! Answers question suggests that it may be possible with the purchase of a "pc adapter/video tuner".

Stream ps3 gameplay to justin.tv? - Yahoo! Answers

Above is the aforementioned Yahoo! Answers post.

Could somebody who has some knowledge in the field shed some light on what we may do to make this possible? The closest thing we've been able to come up with on our own is using a program such as teamviewer to view his computer screen, but we'd need to be playing the game on his computer, thus using an emulator, if we wanted to do that - we unfortunately do not.

Thanks in advance!

This is very possible.. And don't worry about your first post being a question. That is most everyone's first post and that is why we are here.

You will need a capture card or tuner of some sort. There are plenty of options out there. You may not be able to watch on your TV but you can watch on the internet through a program called Livestream or Justin.tv.

Basically I would suggest a Blitz Box as it will be easiest to configure and that way you can play the game on your TV while you stream to the internet over you computer.

4 Player Podcast uses a similar set up and stream live to there website (you can view by clicking here). You don't need a website as you or your friend can just log on to your respective channel on which ever streamer you use.

Feel free to ask any more questions and we can clarify.

This is very possible.. And don't worry about your first post being a question. That is most everyone's first post and that is why we are here.

You will need a capture card or tuner of some sort. There are plenty of options out there. You may not be able to watch on your TV but you can watch on the internet through a program called Livestream or Justin.tv.

Basically I would suggest a Blitz Box as it will be easiest to configure and that way you can play the game on your TV while you stream to the internet over you computer.

4 Player Podcast uses a similar set up and stream live to there website (you can view by clicking here). You don't need a website as you or your friend can just log on to your respective channel on which ever streamer you use.

Feel free to ask any more questions and we can clarify.

I agree with overlord. There are quite a few capture cards which enable you to connect the AV signal from your console into the capture card and get it recorded onto the PC. They can cost from not much, to thousands.

And yeh definitely don't worry about asking questions :D very few people here joined and contributed in there first people.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom