Starwars KOTOR

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuskatappaja

In Runtime
:mad:
Right, so I bought this great game, but my PC once again turns out to be shitty gaming machine as I could only play to the second planet (Dantooine) where the game freezes once I get to Matale Grounds.
It's not entirely frozen though, but the screen refresh rate is about 1 screen per 10 seconds, so it's impossible to play.
This is a large outdoor area, before that, almost all areas in the game were indoors.

I got:
Sempron 2600+
1GB Mem
Radeon 9600 Pro 128MB
I have latest Omega drivers
Win XP

I've tried in every resolution and with all graphic options turned to maximum and minimum. But nothing helps.

That is really stange. The game should work on your machine. There is not real reason why it should not. I have run that game on less.

The only thing that i can think of it going back to an order or your video card's manufacture's drivers. I have seen cases where using the latest ATI or nVIDIA drivers have not been the best thing for all games.

So I would try installing the manufacturer's drivers for your video card.

Tuskatappaja said:
Wow, changing back to old drivers worked, I should have thought of that.
Thanks for advice!
I have seen this happen a few times on various video cards. The DEVs only seem to test their new drivers on games that have been release in the last 3 to 6 months.

I remember last year there was a thread about how the current drivers increased the prerformance of Half Life 2, but decreased the preformance of Doom III.

And since i am quite a bit of the UT2kX player, I have seen the same again problem show up from time to time with my video card drivers.

Over all, the lastest drivers are not always the best drivers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom