Started Folding.... Again

Status
Not open for further replies.

philbar71

Fully Optimized
well I have just started folding like 20 min ago. My previous encounter was about 2 years ago when i attempted to run it and it kept crashing, so I said forget it, until now.

It seems to be going good so far, but i'm a complete newb when it comes to folding. Where can I go to see my PPD?

What client are you running?

The GPU client is very stable....i find it to be the best one.

F@Hmon is alrigt but HFM.net is much better.

Folding with my rig in sig, Runnning the GPU client on my GTX 260 :D

Ok, so I installed fahmon and I added the GPU client but the PPD is blank, I guess it will update after i have been folding for a while?

It will update in a few minutes. I think you can set the timer interval for how often it updates on the progress, but I never tried.

I'll have to check out that fhm.net

*edit*
Ah I forgot about that, what Trotter said.

Within fahmon you have to add a new client and point it to the location Trotter has mentioned.

The location of your GPU will be located at:
C:\Users\[your name]\AppData\Roaming\Folding@home-gpu\

HFM.net shows me my PPD as soon as the GPU starts up (currently at 6229.9 PPD for my 260). A GTX 260 screams through the WUs, so it should have already had more than enough in 20 minutes to show.

Famon just updated, I am seeing about 6400 PPD. Is this good. I only have a very small overclock on the GPU right now.

FHM.net??? not doing anything for me, just one of those crappy available domain name things.

6400 ppd seems just about right for a GTX 260.

I was just about to say the same thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom