StarCraft II Poll: Are you buying it?

Are you planning on buying StarCraft II: WoL?

• Yes, midnight release for me.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Yes, digital download.

• Yes, physical copy, not on release day, but soon

• I'm on the fence. Haven't decided yet.

• No, not unless they "fix" Battle.net 2.0

• No, I'm just not interested.

• No, I'm holding out for StarCraft: Ghost!

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I know the cracked copy of the beta has always had much more difficult AI opponents. I think there is actually a text file the game uses to modify how fast the computers expand/build units, but, since Battle.net 2.0 is integrated with the game so heavily, and to play against the AI in that fashion, the file is probably stored on the server instead of the client now.

also i would like to confirm that there is a small protos campaign on this, so far im 3 missions in and i have no idea how many more it will have. i wonder if i will get a zerg one aswell

What you want to do is play against 3 AI on Insane difficulty using a trainer that gives infinite minerals, infinite gas, infinite units, instant build, instant unit/tech, infinite unit power, no fog of war :)

Somehow i still lost one game, but thats because even with a trainer i am kind and dont attack them for a good 30 minutes and when i do attack them i make sure my forces are evenly matched. But the killer move they made was sending three huge attacks all together, i thought my defences would hold out. I had like 50 tanks, 10 thors, 100 marines and a load of other things. But they beat through them and i couldn't click quick enough on the baraks (literally :omg:) to make enough units to kill them once they got into my base. Anyway, it was hugely fun.

But i have found a problem with the game, last game i was playing without the trainer against the AI on medium for a nice relaxing game where i could do a bit of good base building. I was getting minerals and gas across 2/3rds of the map and had ~60SVC's so it was a pretty big base if you want to call it that, i also had a similar amount of units. But all of a sudden, the game would stutter in the exact same way every second or so. It didn't look what i would call a typically low framerate, but anyway i turned eveything to lowest and the problem still existed. I saved, exited the game, shut down all the other programs i had open and made sure no intensive tasks were running. Started the game back up, loaded my save but still no luck - a half a seccond stutter every second. Totally unplayable and highly annoying.

I was at the midnight release, And I turned around at 11:45 and just left, it dawned on me that in order to play the entire game, it would end up costing me $180, Just can't imagine doing that with what I have heard about the game so far. So I will be with-holding my decision to buy the game until They fix some issues with it and perhaps the price drops a bit.

The single player isn't worth $180 in the end :(

I would gladly buy the game, if they wouldn't force people to connect to battle.net just for a single player, tried multi with a friends copy, bnet kept ****ing me off because I had to much latency. 0,0

StarCraft II Sells 1.8 Million Copies in 1 Day - Excluding Korea! - Legit Reviews

StarCraft II Sells 1.8 Million Copies in 1 Day - Excluding Korea!

Reports are in and it looks like StarCraft II: Wings of Liberty has become the fastest-selling game of 2010 thus far. With 1.8 million units sold in just one day, it looks to be one of the fastest-selling PC games of all time. This number represents sales only in the Americas and Europe from both physical retail sales and Battle.net download sales. This figure does not include players in Korea where it is virtually impossible to accurately estimate how many people will have purchased the game due to the way in which it is sold - mainly via "time cards". Making an accurate estimate even harder is Blizzard's announcement that Korean World of Warcraft users with active accounts would be able to play the game free of charge.

StarCraft2-Opening_Day.jpg

The number of players in Korea playing the game on day 1 could be as high at 3-4 million but only Blizzard will know for sure. We expect Blizzard to make an official announcement in the coming days and hopefully they will shed some light on the success of the title in Asian markets as well. The current record-holder for day 1 PC sales is the World of Warcraft expansion Wrath of the Lich King, which sold 2.8 million units on day one, including sales in Asia. It will be interesting to see how Blizzard quantifies total sales and whether StarCraft II will be revealed as the new fastest-seller.

I dislike how koreans get to play for ****ing free if they play wow, why don't americans get that option? ****ing ******** company -.-

I think it is because playing starcraft over there is subscription based by the sound of it. I would hate that over here.

I dislike how koreans get to play for ****ing free if they play wow, why don't americans get that option? ****ing ******** company -.-

its not free if they dont play wow. id much wrather pay 60$ buy the game then to pay 15$ a month to play it over and over. imo if i was in korea id be mad.

They can still buy it AFAIK, but having wow lets them play sc2 for free, so for people in korea that are already wow freaks, they get a free game....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom