Staples = RIPOFFFFFFFF

Status
Not open for further replies.

M4A1

Daemon Poster
Alright, this is my second thread about Staples. I got the job as a Mobile PC Technician/Business Tech person. One of the programs I'm involved is in this:

http://www.staples.com/sbd/cre/mark...Id=10001&cm_ven=Glamour&cm_ite=easymobiletech

Look at those prices! People actually pay Staples for me to do the work. I mean, wow... $129.99 to teach you how to use a computer per hour? geez

The "additional service" is done at the store. The "on-site" prices is for someone to go to your house and do whatever.

LOL ahahahaha. this is almost too funny. i've never taken any computer courses or anything, but just from reading this forum and going on other hardware websites for 3 months i can already put a pc together with okay wire management. lol 129.99 dollars i guess they will only teach you how to open ms word and type and save a file

M4A1 said:
Look at those prices! People actually pay Staples for me to do the work. I mean, wow... $129.99 to teach you how to use a computer per hour? geez

THAT IT! I am increasing my onsite rates!

M4A1 said:
how much do you charge/what do you offer

On site labor - $80+GST per hour (first hour chargable, after that 30 minute blocks)
On site labor with Servers - $120 +GST per man hour (first hour chargable, after that 15 minute blocks)

Professional Network Cabling - $100 per point

MYOB / QUICKEN Accouting Company Set up - $200 - $300
POS Set Up - $500 + 100 per additional terminal

Basic computer Training :- $80 per hour. Min is 2 hours sessions.
MYOB / Quicken Training :- $100 per hour. Min is 2 hour sessions.

SBS Server - $800 - $1000 Server Setup + $100 per workstation

In house labor - $80 per hour. However I used that as a guide line depending on how much work that needs to be done. Most of the time I got a set price depending on the type of job it is. Eg. I might only charge a client 3 hours labour, and have the job take closer to 5. However I charge a very strict $80 per hour if the customer wants to watch over my shoulder as this does not let me do any thing else around the shop.
However a $40 dollar quotation fee applies.
If it's some thing like installing a new video card or hard drive, I will just charge a simple $40.

Please note that the above prices are in Australian Dollars

I am looking at Staple's Rate. Ouch, they are expensive up front. However the "Carry-in price" for the additional Additional Services makes up for it.

M4A1 said:

I teach my parents everything about computers, for a fee of $2 to cover a 2L of pop.

My parents do know a guy out here that charges $30/hour, which is cheap.

When vacationing, i was desperate to use a computer. So my granny's friend had an old Dell sitting there with viruses, i fixed it up (installed antispyware, ran it, runned beautifully), and she gave me $20...just to install and run antipyware :D

Some people will pay anything...

If you think that is bad, the schoolboard is being charged 750$ to run a 100FT cable which is pretty damned easy.

Re: Re: Staples = RIPOFFFFFFFF

talldude123 said:
I teach my parents everything about computers, for a fee of $2 to cover a 2L of pop.

SODA! :p :p

$129 to plug a camera in and click next until it is installed. I first did that when I was 8. :eek: (with a scanner, but still the same.)

DJ-CHRIS said:
If you think that is bad, the schoolboard is being charged 750$ to run a 100FT cable which is pretty damned easy.

I ran a 60FT ethernet cable to my room, i got the cable for really cheap ($15), and i ran it through myself. But $750...most schools nowadays live off walfare cheques :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom