Spybot Problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bender[OO]

Baseband Member
I've been using Spybot for a while now, and its pretty sweet.

I ran a test recently and got this list as problems

-advertising.com
-avenue A, inc
-Casale Media
-Double Click
-Hit Box
-Media Plex

Then I go to hit fix problems and it says the amount of problems that were fixed. Then I was suspicious, so I ran the test immediately again, and the same list pops up! So I hit fix selected issues again, and then run the test again and the list appears again. How come they keep reappearing? Is spybot unable to fix them? Are they not serious?

Thanks.

these are all ad cookies get ccleaner and run it then run spybot and u will find the problems gone. another good program is ad aware this is good also but really ccleaner gets rid of almost all problems

Bender[OO] said:
I've been using Spybot for a while now, and its pretty sweet.

I ran a test recently and got this list as problems

-advertising.com
-avenue A, inc
-Casale Media
-Double Click
-Hit Box
-Media Plex

Then I go to hit fix problems and it says the amount of problems that were fixed. Then I was suspicious, so I ran the test immediately again, and the same list pops up! So I hit fix selected issues again, and then run the test again and the list appears again. How come they keep reappearing? Is spybot unable to fix them? Are they not serious?

Thanks.

Did you restart the PC and run SpyBot to check if the listed items were still there?

an51r said:
these are all ad cookies get ccleaner and run it then run spybot and u will find the problems gone. another good program is ad aware this is good also but really ccleaner gets rid of almost all problems

Yes, this is true, but for these selected problems you have to clear your cookies and temp files, THEN run spybot to get rid of them, I know, a stupid prossess, but, thats the way it works sometimes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom