Speedtouch 780WL Connection Problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

Poole282

Beta member
I am currently having problems with my wireless connection, having been working fine for months!

Basically I can connect to the internet via normal LAN cable and do not loose the connection. As soon as I use the wireless option it works for a time (Sometimes 5 mins or more) but then I lose the connection and it tries to reconnect either automatically or manually (where it then requests I enter my encryption password). Why does it keep dropping off??

Any ideas?????

Are there any environmental conflicts in the area.... Microwave oven, cordless phone, baby monitor near the router or the computer, or the router? Any device that operates at 2.4Ghz poses a threat to bring your 802.11b/g network to a crawl, or kill it completly.

Have you updated the router firmware, and the wireless card drivers?

Thanks for the help

I have a wireless transmitter that sends my satellite signal to the upstairs TV, however, since posting I got told by a colleague to try manually changing the Router channel, which I did and so far it is working :)

Cool. Do you live in an urban area with houses around you? If so, then there might be a neighboring network encroaching on your house, and changing the channel has them separated enough to not cause an issue.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom