Speed Booster Technology

Status
Not open for further replies.

superdave1984

Repeat Offender
Is it worth the extra cash? A friend here at work is looking at the different wireless routers and cards. Some say they have Speed Booster Technology. And are more expensive. So she ask me if it's worth the price. My answer was I don't know. Mainly because I don't have much experience with them. So I ask the brains here. Is the Linksys WRT54GS worth $15 more than the WRT54G? Will the average home user be able to tell a difference in the speed? And also the card. It costs more as well. Worth it? I think she has DSL. And only 2 PC's to hook up. My gut tells me she won't be able to tell a difference and to save her money.

As far as internet speeds are concerned she will not be able to tell the difference because most wireless g routers are capable of speeds around 54mbps(is that the right term?) and even broadband internet only goes up to 10mbps.

Were she would tell the difference is if she shares files between the 2 computers.

As memory said, the only difference it would make is sharing files on the LAN... Not too familiar with the 'speed booster' and all that jazz, but it MIGHT extend the range of the wireless, but I couldn't say for sure.

Personally, I would just go with (and I did) the regular G... I have a D-Link WBR-2300, and this thing is AMAZING!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom