Speaker Question!

Status
Not open for further replies.

SpecTacuLaR

Beta member
I'm just gonna say this and see if anyone has any ideas. I have JBL Platinum Speakers...really cheap, and really old I know. I have them plugged into my computer and it's weird because if I'm using Winamp they both work, but if I use Winamp or even windows volume control and tell it to only play out of the left side...it work but it plays out of both speakers still...but if I tell it to only play out of the right side it doesn't work. Yet if I put it to 50% sound comes out of both speakers.

I tryed it on another computer and it works fine...so I'm assuming my sound card is messed up, or maybe just the jacks on my computer. But yeah at 50% it plays out of both just fine, at 100% left speaker it players out of both speakers still 100%. But the instant I put it to 100% right no sound what so ever.

So I'm quite confused...any ideas?

Maybe see if there are any Driver updates. Or uninstall the sound device and re-install it.

when you tried it on another computer, did you use the EXACT same wiring?

It sounds to me like you have a MONO connector somewhere.

I plugged the speakers into my friends laptop and they worked just great. So I'm assuming it's a internal problem with my computer...or yeah...maybe driver problems...not too sure.

look inside the line hole for 2 metal pieces hanging out and a recess ground. your 2 metal pieces might be touching or somebody rigged it to make both side play after 1 piece broke

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom