Soundcard Game-Music problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kloppstock

Baseband Member
I have a problem with my soundcard, its a Sound Blaster Audigy 2 ZS

i can't get any game-music on a certain PC-game, Settlers 3, as soon as i switch computer with a integrated sound-card instead music it works

i have enabled all sound-settings in the game offcorse, and patched the game fully,
One thauth only, perhaps i must choose right midi-sound-device in windows sound settings, its not relly midi sound in Settlers 3, but perhaps it still affect music, my previous experiences on another computer solved it bu doing so, but testing all alternatives among the devices doest seem to help on this computer however

the question may be, shall i enable "only use standard-devices" ore not,
and perhaps midi hasnt anything to do with it at all, im far away from any expert

One other thing, Settlers lies on CD:s thath you can acces the music on regualar CD-player, thath is wery rare, and when you browse the CD in windows explorer there is no trace of sound files, so perhaps its no coincedence thath you may have to use advanced settings for this typ of game music, and this game is not optimized for Win XP,

...Im using windows XP offcorse, and i have tested to change Settlers.exe to windows 98 compatability(spell)mode,

so what i hope for basicly is, if someone here happend to be a pro on Sound Blaster Audigy card settings, and åerhaps have experienced anything similar on other games from around 1998 :D, perhaps there is homemade softwares thath can fix this etc?

It sounds to me like your A2ZS's drivers aren't updated for newer games. Games don't use MIDI (MIDI is data, not sound).

Either that or your DirectX settings aren't correct or game settings aren't correct.

It sounds to me like your A2ZS's drivers aren't updated for newer games. Games don't use MIDI (MIDI is data, not sound).

Either that or your DirectX settings aren't correct or game settings aren't correct.

I have checked at Creative and there is no auto-updates for my computer i dont allready have, and im positive the game is sett to use music

Direct X, yes i have a feeling it's involved, i posses V 9c, and the sound seem to run fine on all games exept...

BUT, i have this Control-Panel (directx.cpl) for DirectX with 1000 (almost:)) of settings wich i have no clue about, and i dont dare to try them on my own, but surley the solution lies there?

perhaps you know wich settings to check for?

|MG| Free Download - Microsoft DirectX Control Panel 9.0c

thanks in advance

Try to toggle DirectSound. That used to cause issues for me a long time ago.

Other than that, I'm at a loss and would contact the game manufacturer.

Try to toggle DirectSound. That used to cause issues for me a long time ago.

Other than that, I'm at a loss and would contact the game manufacturer.

The direct sound are in this tool represented
only by one setting

Playback device: Primary sound device ore my Soundcard name

if i choose my soundcard, it deafults back to primary again after restarting the tool, so i wonder if i even can change thath

there are other direct sound settings somewhere right? perhaps not accesable throu this tool?

i asked the game-maufactures almost atleast
:cool: Problem with S3 Gold Edition music - Topic Powered by eve community

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom