Soundblaster X-fi Xtreme Music 24-bit

Status
Not open for further replies.

Syphanx

Daemon Poster
Really is it that good??? Is it as good as everyone raves on about?

I mean I have a crappy pci soundcard, 16bit etc etc. And it runs really well, will I notice a HEAPS big difference if I change to the X-fi Xtreme music? Im running ALtec Lansing 2.1 Speakers, they have a HEAP of bass but not that much power.

Syphanx said:
Really is it that good??? Is it as good as everyone raves on about?

I mean I have a crappy pci soundcard, 16bit etc etc. And it runs really well, will I notice a HEAPS big difference if I change to the X-fi Xtreme music? Im running ALtec Lansing 2.1 Speakers, they have a HEAP of bass but not that much power.

no. it's the same as the regular sound blaster card with extra ram (that not even being used) and an eq circuit

well, if you're a gamer and have 24-bit games, you'll notice a small difference. It isn't worth the money if thats what your asking. As EricB said, it is just an EQ circuit (the "Crystallizer") which basically causes undeeded distortion and does not reproduce sound as it was meant to be by the original recording engineer.

If you really want to change cards to have 24bit support, get the audigy 2 ZS. Amazing card. Period.

"Get the audigy 2ZS, amazing card. Period."
So your saying that's better than the X-fi Xtreme music? I mean both are within my budget so... I can really get either, just choosing which one is the problem.
And the Xtreme Music version doesn't even have the "X-ram"... so yeh I dunno.

Its just as good. The X-fi IS the ZS with a equalizer circuit in it which makes you think its sounding better, when in fact, its making it sound worse and may actually be wearing your speakers down.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom