Sound Card?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eclipse7

In Runtime
What are you going to be doing with the card? Lots of gaming, music & movies? If so, I would recommend this over the one you picked, if you don't mind spending some more money.

I don't think it is true X-FI, but it is better than the Audigy line.

To install the sound card, go here.

Alright, rethinking how much I want to spend now :p
Max id want to pay is 100 shipped, I hear good things about the X-Fi.
Heres a $60 version, Newegg.com - Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi Xtreme Audio 7.1 Channels 24-bit 96KHz PCI Interface Sound Card - Retail
and heres a $90 version, Newegg.com - Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi XtremeGamer 7.1 Channels 24-bit 96KHz PCI Interface Sound Card - Retail
Is the XtremeGamer version that much better than the normal X-Fi? Better enough to warrant spending an additional $30?
Edit: Thanks for pointing out the X-Fi motoxer, but the $60 version seems to have gotten mixed reviews.

Well, I have the 2nd link you posted. It's an amazing card, and I would highly recommend it.

As for the first link, everything I read about it say's its not true X-Fi. I have not personally used it, therefore I cannot tell you if there is a major difference or not.

You get what you pay for, too :D.

Anyway, I would definately go with the X-Treme Gamer, you will not be let down.

i think the cheapest Xi-Fi uses the same chipset as te audigy, so its not that much better. id look to buy the $90 one if i were you.

Ive owned both the xfi audio AND the gamer version and theres not much difference, on my setup with my logitech x530's (5.1) i couldnt tell any difference in music and games, i think to notice the difference you'd need very expensive speakers.
Id get save the money and get the xtreme audio, you will be over the moon with it trust me, it made my x530's come to live, the sub is twice as bassy, you also have the creative control panel with lots of sound settings to play with to get it just how you like it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom