sound blaster card not working on windows xp professional???

Status
Not open for further replies.

BrockRice

Solid State Member
Hello Everyone,

My sound blaster is not working on windows XP professional. It was working on windows 2000 but when I formatted and went to windows Xp professional nothing.I even did test on it(the software that came with it), and they all passed, I even made sure(From the speakers) the cord was plugged into the right plug on the sound card, even made sure there was power (to the speakers), even made sure it wasn't muted(in the volume control) , and still no sound. I am wondering if maybe its a driver problem.

Please any help would be great! or maybe I might have to go back to 2k

bye
Brock

Knowing the model number would be great..

Thats what it was. I had to wait until my email address was validated, I forgot I changed it.Anyways to answer your question now its a sound blaster live....not sure on the rest of the information

You need to install drivers for it.

I did, but the drivers I have installed are not working. The device shows up in sounds and audio device properties>audio tab>Sound Playback>Sound Recording>MIDI Music Playback<.....shows in all those. Even shows in the device manager, but still no sound. I got a reply from someone else in another forum about this and he said look in the Bios.Maybe my sound is disabled

go to creative.com and select autoupdate or..

ask Makaveli213 if his still have the download link that I give him to the cd. I just delete my pm's 2 days ago. that card sometimes had issues if you didn't have the cd. you can't get all of that stuff on the cd from the website either.

go to creative.com and select autoupdate or..

ask Makaveli213 if his still have the download link that I give him to the cd. I just delete my pm's 2 days ago. that card sometimes had issues if you didn't have the cd. you can't get all of that stuff on the cd from the website either.

Hi

Sould I still ask him after what I just found out. My sound Blaster has been discontinued, and no drivers are available for it. If I cant get it working, maybe ill take the sound blaster out and put it into a old machine, runing windows 2000.

Hi

Sould I still ask him after what I just found out. My sound Blaster has been discontinued, and no drivers are available for it. If I cant get it working, maybe ill take the sound blaster out and put it into a old machine, runing windows 2000.

it should have been in the archive section. they still have the drivers, just not all of the software

it should have been in the archive section. they still have the drivers, just not all of the software

thank you for this information. I feel so bad wasting everyone's time on this.I sure want the money that everyone makes today then I would buy all new stuff and live in a big new house with my plasma tv, and my brand new car...:)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom