Sorry bout earlier post....but need help

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's a much better card than the 9600XT, but that's a PCIe card, so you're going to have to get a compatible motherboard.

The 9800 Pro is a great card for it's value right now though, so I suggest considering it. The 9800Xt isn't really worth it's price now in my opinion, you can easily overclock the Pro past the XT.

so a 9800pro or a 6800 gt...hmm they are more expenisve than the 9600xt so should i know cut back on the ram...or cut my 80gig hd to 60 or stick with the onboard audio...

I'd recommend slicing out the soundcard, onboard sound may not be perfect, but it works just fine for me. You can always easily add on a soundcard later if you desire, but in all honesty, memory and video output are a whole lot more demanding than sound, so it's better to invest more in the things that are crucial to a good, clean performing system.

Drop the soundcard, and you should be able to get a 9800 Pro without sacrificing any other components methinks.

I would get Kingmax 2x512MB PC3700 or PC4000 'Hardcore' RAM instead of Corsair, it is less expensive and overclocks better (because it uses less voltage and runs cooler)

btw...i know many of u sed the onboard audio is decent...but just to check....how good is it really?...i mean i dont want to play games or listen to music with distorted sounds...

Dude, I bought all the stuff in my sig for around $1200. They are about the best parts you can get for that budget. Don't dare go with a 9600XT with a $1300 budget !! IT's good but you could afford so much better.

Edit: All the stuff except the speakers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom