Somebody needs to tell Bitspower...

Status
Not open for further replies.
It could just be a case that you are American and the terminology over the pond is different to the motherland ;) both our methods seem to work.

original.aspx

Motherland my arse.

My heritage is Canadian, and thus French, and Hungarian.

Also I do <3 XKCD, though I wouldn't say we were arguing, just talking about the same concept in differing terms.

The galvanic scale is the electrochemical scale that has been heavily simplified. If you can work with the electrochemical scale you can predict rates of corrosion between elements in a bimetallic circuit through knowing a measurable amount of potential voltage.

It is like the model of the atom is taught to many as being a nucleus with a set of circular rings of electrons, which slowly build up along the period as more electrons are added known as the bohr model. Although not wrong its not the complete structure and its simplified nature leads to it being restrictive.

rutherford_atom.gif

Actually the electons have a precitable field of movement although it is said to be impossible to say where an electron will be at an exact moment around the atom, orbitals can be used to predict the area in which the electron is most likely to be. The atomic structure changes between elements much more radically and is not always linear there are some electrons that drop the energy level from there systematic orbital in favour of a more stable atom. This is a more accurate model of the atom which is widely accepted

electron_orbitals1.jpg

...and thats where babies come from.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom