So who's getting pounded by snow/ice?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Looks like we may get hit again Tuesday/Wednesday. The weather folks are waiting to see what the models show as it gets closer.

I could tell you.. i have access to each of the four daily 'runs' of most of the weather models. But that would spoil the surprise for you :)

Right now it's about 40ºF where I am in Maine. We're supposed to be going into a major deep freeze soon and I've also heard we've got a HUGE storm coming Wednesday. Should make for some good snowmobiling.

EDIT: 0ºF and dropping.

Seems likely. Could miss you, though.

Yeah. Looks like it is going to stay mainly west of me and move on up NE. We are getting light rain now, with more tonight and tomorrow, changing to snow. The local channels say a dusting at most, but it will be melting as it hits the ground. That works for me.

I was gunna say.. If you still live in Chatanooga trotter from what i can tell the temps are pushing 3 or 4c, there. The 850hpa atmospheric temperatures are below 0 though. If the 850hpa atmospheric temperature is 0 or below it will always snow, even if it melts before it reaches the ground. If it's -30 on the ground but above freezing at 850hpa it will never snow, only hail as the water freezes on the way down. Thats some basic meteorology for you all :D.

And Peter.Cort it can look like its doing a lot of things, i have only been interested in meteorology for the past 6 months and in that small amount of time watching weather systems across the UK i can tell you the most unlikely things can happen, i have seen the weather models totally change there mind within hours of an event. It is not impossible for it to push back inland, or even go totally in the opposite direction in only a few hours - when this happens someone lucky or unlucky depending on your outlook will get stuck on a pivot point. Which means they have the storm over them for a lot longer than everywhere else. They could be predicting 8inches of snow and that one place under the pivot point would get triple that.

yeah i'm right in the 3-6 / 6-12 banding. It'll be interesting to see how it develops and if it changes course from their predictions. GIMME SOME NERD TALK ABOUT T3H STORMZ!!!

18f right now and was even colder last night. All nice and white outside and it got so cold in my PC room that my water loop froze. My Xbox is also throwing off an error which could be bad news for me =(

51F right now. :D

The stuff that hit/is hitting the mid-West and New England was supposed to have hit us but we lucked out this time. Looks like a chance of rain today, wind tomorrow, and maybe rain on Friday (4th).

Well screen door and main door froze over. Was trying to get the dog out and all he did was play outside then we got ice all over the house and couldn't shut the door. We stuck him in the bathroom and he **** all over the floor instead of doing it outside. Now he gets to freeze =)

Supposedly we are getting the first blizzard in a long time here in MO. Everyone thinks we will get 1 inch of ice and 2 feet of snow, I think they are just overemphasizing this storm.
We will know soon, the snow is falling.

It's currently -4 degrees here in Denver. We got about 2 inches of snow yesterday, but it's just miserable. Every school is closed, most businesses are closed, guess who still had to be at work at 8 am.....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom