Slow startup but fine after wards

Status
Not open for further replies.

sick_unit

Baseband Member
Hi all,

Not sure how this happened but my boot up time has gone from less than a minute to over 3-4 minutes. From bios screen to welcome screen takes about 15-20 seconds, but from the welcome screen to when the pc becomes functional takes a few minutes. It takes longer than usual at welcome then once that disappears all i can see is the wallpaper. Then slowly the start menu appears followed by the desktop items. Once it boots, the pc functions perfectly fine.

Ive scanned nod32, adaware and spybot and no threats are detected. Cleaned the registry via ccleaner. Had a look at msconfig startup and everything looks fine. Ran defrag on Saturday. But what does happen is the windows security centre appears saying that I don't have a anti-virus or firewall installed when in fact i do.

Running XP, 1.5GB RAM, 3.2GHz Pentium 4.

Not sure how/why its happening.

Any suggestions are appreciated.

Problem fix. I read good reviews about Microsoft Security Essentials and decided to install it. It picked up a trojan and the pc boots perfect now. I have been a fan of nod32 for about five years and it failed to pick up that trojan. So far thumbs up for MSE.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom