Slow PC after formatting!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry I think i was just having a hard time understand you. I don't think it's very likely that the power draw from a power supply is enough to power the computer and perform under stress, but at the same time as it's drawing enough for it to power, it's not drawing enough to be at a safe level of operating and it's damaging the motherboard/cpu.

This happened after a format.

Can you try reformatting again?

???????

what?

let me explain. when I moved to this house 8 years ago, this house had a old 100 amp fuse box and ancient wiring. we were replacing light bulbs at least once a month (they alway flickered) and they dimmed like crazy when using other stuff. our electrical stuff would die prematurely. we had 3-4 computers hooked up too. I was scared that the house would catch fire

in 2004, me and my electrician buddy pedro rewire the house. I got the 200 amp outside block for free, but I had to pay for everything. I bought 0000 also known as 4 0 guage wire and accessories to run from the outside to the inside of the house. I bought a 200 amp fuse box. we borrow my neighbor electric amd it took us a day to install most of the stuff (we did minor stuff the next day).

I ran a new line to the kitchen for the fridge and microwave. I ran a new line to the living room (I use a 30 amp circuit and ran 12 gauge wire instead the usual 16 for this one ) for the computer and stereo. I ran new 220 volt lines for the new electric water heater (to replace the expensive gas one) and main floor AC. I ran a new line to the upstairs for computer and the iron (for some strange reason they had the whole upstairs ran on 1 15 amp circuit). I did this to alleviate stress from the old wires. it too troublesome and expensive to replace them.

it solved all of my problem. the voltage was rock steady and solid in every room now. there is no flickering problem.

it cost me $300.00 in part and my buddy charged me a hundred dollars. my neighbor paid a electrician 6,000 and they put the same fuse size fuse box in which left them with a lot of the same problems

with electricity, you need rock solid stable voltage to ensure longevity. you don't get that by under powering stuff. I repairs computer for a living. I see this issue all of the time.

people buy a brand name computer that they already cost cut on it to keep costs down so they put the cheapest psu in it that they could get by with. then people upgrade and put a lot of stuff in it and overload an already taxed psu, then they wonder why it's dead

But what I'm saying is this happened after a format. It's not like the computer suddenly started under performing, he formatted and then experienced a performance decrease.

What you stated above may be true, and it was a good read and a valuable bit of knowledge, but i think that the issue would stem from the fact that the format went wrong or another issues, not power.

But what I'm saying is this happened after a format. It's not like the computer suddenly started under performing, he formatted and then experienced a performance decrease.

What you stated above may be true, and it was a good read and a valuable bit of knowledge, but i think that the issue would stem from the fact that the format went wrong or another issues, not power.

yeah that's true. I think that he need to lose the 14 gig one.

Ok! I have gotten rid of the 14gb hd and the pc has speed up a bit but now i have a problem everytime i cold boot my pc it says "Ntldr is missing" i have used the recovery cd to fix this a few times but it keeps coming back. It seems every time i shut down my pc (excluding warm boot) i lose my ntldr, ntdetect.com and my boot.ini file. How can i fix this. And i have also noticed that the windows partition is drive D: and the 140 gb partition is drive F; does the windows one need to be drive c? if so how do i fix it?

edit: is it possible to change my 140 gb to say 120 gb create a new partition then put thwe windows one in there and format the old windows space to c:?

OK! Those fixes didn't work so i tried bootcfg but it says that it can't because of errors on the hd so i ran chkdsk on both drives but it still says can't continue due to hard disk errors!

Edit: Don't worry about it for now. I am slipstreaming sp3 to my Windows CD then doing a repair install which should fix it!

OK! Those fixes didn't work so i tried bootcfg but it says that it can't because of errors on the hd so i ran chkdsk on both drives but it still says can't continue due to hard disk errors!

Edit: Don't worry about it for now. I am slipstreaming sp3 to my Windows CD then doing a repair install which should fix it!

you need to take that hdd back to the store if you are getting error already

I have had the hd for years and years. Anyway after slipstreaming it didn't allow me to do a repair while my pc was on so i tried through rebooting and accidentally installed windows again which turned out fine since I had all the drivers etc and back ups of save file etc from my last reformat so now it is all good! However my brother has a problem on his pc he installed my old drive the 14gb one but it doesn't show up in My Computer or Device Manager. The cords are in securely so i don't know why it doesn't show!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom