simply tranfering o data from one to another PC

Status
Not open for further replies.
so a crossover if I dont want internet connection on pc2, but if I want internet connection then i need a hub i guess is connected to pc1 and stick in some j45 or streight through cable whatever they are called. i only have two pcs and if a hub is the same price as a crossovercable with a couple of streight through cables then that seems more logical as you get more functionality for the same price

Ok, well, if you are going to go the route of the hub....then might I make another suggestion to totally and completely confuse you? LOL.....sorry but, this is a more practical solution.
Purchase this gateway/router. This has a port for you to connect your broadband (cable modem) cable to and has four ports that allow you to connect computers to. Has even better (faster....more reliable) functionality than a hub and also has the integration included to share your internet connection to both computers.
With the past solutions....you would have to leave the PC1 computer on ALL THE TIME that you wanted to access the internet on the PC2 computer. But, with this device, you wouldn't have to.

thanks so that is the best value for money and functionality. what cables do I need for this device. just to be safe this is what I should get EDIMAX Broadband Router, 1 WAN + 4 Switching Port + 1 Port Print Server, Model BR-6104P - Retail

my printer attaches with a usb will this give any drawbacks or will I have to get a printer to usb converter aswell

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom