Simple Suggestions

Firestar1161

Solid State Member
Hi, im new to the forum. I m friends with many IT technicians that work in my area, and they all say with a good budget and sufficient patience and time you can assemble parts from different sources, and turn around and sell the resulting computer for a nifty profit. I am starting small scale :T. I have assembled this machine. HP DC7600 Ultra Slim Desktop, 3.2GHZ Pentium 4, 4GB DDR2 Memory, a PCI-E 128MB Graphics card, a 80GB SATA hard drive and a 80GB IDE ATA-100 Hard Drive. And a 250W PSU running at ( i think ) 75% efficiency. I spent 55$ assembling everything ( including shipping for certain pieces. ) Is this an OK computer? I know that it isn't going to run Diablo III or Skyrim, but that isnt my goal. My goal is to build a computer that can play games like Minecraft, but is also practical for general use with its 3.2GHZ and extra hard drive space as well as plentiful RAM. My goal then is a General Comp. I wont build a gaming computer. ( not yet, i need the funds ) Should I keep it or turn it around? For 55$ was it worth it? Your opinions are greatly appreciated, as I don't have the experience yet. All comments greatly appreciated, because if I can make money doing this I can help support the household :D.

It's worth about $55.
Older computer hardware is not worth much, for about 20-100 you can buy a similar computer from craigslist.
I recommend saving up, and buying modern components.

Back
Top Bottom