*sigh* I've given up on F.E.A.R.

Status
Not open for further replies.
GameGURU said:
Haha, DoomUK there is an easy fix for that...TURN OFF Vsync!!

Doom, try un-doing Vsync because vsync hates performance.

Makes no difference...

Runs fine the first time around, but if I die and reload a previous chekpoint, goes back to like 20 FPS. Happens all the time. Could be that my 77.72 drivers are buggy, could be the demo...

Besides, I hate image tearing with a passion, that's why I usually play with Vsync on if in-game settings allow. Some engines suffer from it more badly than others (at least on a 15ms LCD), F.E.A.R is one of the bad ones... :angry:

DoomUK said:
Makes no difference...

Runs fine the first time around, but if I die and reload a previous chekpoint, goes back to like 20 FPS. Happens all the time. Could be that my 77.72 drivers are buggy, could be the demo...

Besides, I hate image tearing with a passion, that's why I usually play with Vsync on if in-game settings allow. Some engines suffer from it more badly than others (at least on a 15ms LCD), F.E.A.R is one of the bad ones... :angry:

Ahh, I see. Well...update to the beta drivers, those are what I am running.

You can also do certain things (which you probably know) in the nvidia control panel that help's increase the performance.

BTW I saw someone with a 9600 that could run the game at higher settings than beedub

something is wrong with your card man

my rig:
p4 3.06GHz
jetway p4x400dbp <--suxorz T.T but does the job..
1024 DDR (2x256MB and 1x512MB valueselect stuff...)
Geforce 5600 FX 256MB
onboard sound

With this i can barely play fear T.T (low minimum settings) IT SUX 2 BE ME. i need to get a new build..prolly a p4lga775 3.6GHz a Geforce 7800, sound blaster audigy, 4GB ddr2... *dreams on..*

it's that 5600 that's killing you....this is a fully DX9 enriched game and the FX series can't do DX9 at all, that's why it defaults to DX8.1 in half life 2

figures...but right now i dont have the $$ for a 6800 atleast (they run about $200 i understand) and i'd rather buy a pcie vid card for my next build

yeah, PCI-E 6800GT right now is $345...I checked earlier because I'm thinking of selling my AGP one and just taken it as a loss and going PCI-E so I can get the DFI Ultra-D board...this NF3 board they put out is unstable as all hell and a BIOS won't be enough to fix all the problems

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom