*sigh* I need a cellular telephone plan

Status
Not open for further replies.

f15h

In Runtime
I still don't have a cell phone, so I decided that its about time I got one. Finding a good phone shouldn't be a problem for me, but my questions is:

what service should I use?

I don't expect to be using it an excessive amount... Is there a service I can get where I only have to pay for specific calls I make instead of a monthly fee?

What do you guys reccomend?

merci!

die fische

Our cell phones are part of a family plan.

My mom has had her plan forever, it seems. A few years ago she got Dad one as part of her plan. But everytime my family would go out of town, Mom and Dad would lend us one of their phones.

Finally, Mom asked if we wanted to get one as part of her plan. It comes out to $25 a month (USD) for our phone that way. We had 100 minutes to split between us all, but none of us use our cells much.

When our daughter turned 16 and got herself a job, Mom asked if she wanted to get a phone on her plan. We, all together, upped the minutes to 1200. Our daughter also opted to pay for extra text messages, and took out insurance on her phone, so her bill runs about $35 a month, unless she texts over 500 times.

We are all on Verizon.

EDIT: Sounds like you are looking for a pre-pay plan. They work, but can be expensive. DO you have Cricket in your area?

i suggest pre-pay, but do not exceed the Units(Minuets) that you buy, yet you cant.. heh ..
I myself have ATT, I hate it... plan on getting on T-Mobils couples plan..
Right now i pay $65 USD .. but yea, if you dont want a monthly bill for a set minuets you may not even use to begin with, get pre-pay.. my friend uses Tracfone - www.tracfone.com - and it works prety good..

i dont liek anything cept verizon. my freidns have cingular(some of them at least) and it sux (ATT is what it is now and what im talking about roger has^^) my parents have sprint and 3 phones for my mom, sister and dad. they have 500 daytime minutes and 1500 nights and weekends, lets put it this way she usually has a 300$ phone bill lol. it sux. T-mobile is ok but you get really crappy signal when you need it the most and their good phones cost alot. Im getting verizon myself and it just rox. Many of my friends have it and have no complaints and extended roaming dosent cost that much at all really. maybe like 5$ extra so you get full signal anywhere. (can you hear me now............good!)

I have been using PrePaid for the last 3 years now.

Okay, the call costs are more. But at least I am not paying a subscription fee every month just so every tom d!ck and harry can call me.

lol, tom d!ck and harry, they aint called me yet... glad they dont...

Cory, btw, ATT went to cingular, not the other way :p Just had to make you stand corrected :)

yea i guess you think your all cool now huh? well i dont use crap companies that have to go together to make more sells when it still isnt working lol. I use big companies that will screw me over when i dont know it :p

ROFL... Yes because we all want to be screwed over when we have no clue wtf is going on :p hehe
Oh and cory, you dont have thermaltake cooling, you have rigged fan cooling on you case.. well your outside of your case, im goung to try that idea!

yea, that is off topic roger but you can easily see my orange fans inside lol. BTW maybe i liked beign screwed over! oh yea that fan does work alot. i just gotta keep the dust off of it and its all good! you shoudl try it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom