Shockwave Flash errors...

mwwwilson

In Runtime
3rhxQ6tx3hiLwDgBACD4cMY5xoBx3oBxAgCAHhgrhsaq1DfCwbGL+kaAcQIAAAAagHECAAAAGoBxAgAAABqAcQIAAAAagHECAAAAGoBxAgAAABqAcQIAAAAagHECAAAAGoBxAgAAABqAcQIAAAAagHECAAAAGtBsnBAEQRA0zqXBOCEIgiAIkgrGCUEQBEEaBOOEIAiCIA2CcUIQBEGQBsE4IQiCIEiDYJwQBEEQpEEe44QgCIIgSKX+H9Rxy88SrMhxAAAAAElFTkSuQmCC
3rhxQ6tx3hiLwDgBACD4cMY5xoBx3oBxAgCAHhgrhsaq1DfCwbGL+kaAcQIAAAAagHECAAAAGoBxAgAAABqAcQIAAAAagHECAAAAGoBxAgAAABqAcQIAAAAagHECAAAAGoBxAgAAABqAcQIAAAAagHECAAAAGtBsnBAEQRA0zqXBOCEIgiAIkgrGCUEQBEEaBOOEIAiCIA2CcUIQBEGQBsE4IQiCIEiDYJwQBEEQpEEe44QgCIIgSKX+H9Rxy88SrMhxAAAAAElFTkSuQmCC

I have been getting these errors in my browsers. Chrome, Netscape, and IE all are giving me some type of error with Flash. What I've done:

1 - Used an Uninstaller on Flash, restart pc, re-install Flash
2 - Attempt different browsers
3 - Turned off certain plug-ins (like SilverLight)
4 - Disabled all video plug-ins except for Shockwave Flash
5 - Uninstall browsers, restart pc, re-install browsers
6 - Disabled AdBlock plugins
7 - Set Flash to ASK to activate each when needed

Now, nothing has worked except for the later. If I set Flash to ask before activating on a webpage it works most of the time without error. However, that is a major pain in the butt to have to allow for each instance.

I read somewhere that AdBlockers effect Flash. After messing with the settings and even completely disabling AdBlockers... nothing helped. I also read somewhere that SilverLight causes it. Disabled it and no help. Also read that having more than one video (i.e. Quicktime and Divx) plugins or multiple Flash plugins could cause it. I have disabled all and still get the error.

This just started about a month ago. It is only on my laptop. I have run the following programs to attempt to rid any viruses or malware:

Malwarebytes - thorough scan
CCleaner - Thorough scans of drive, registry, temp files
Malwarebytes - thorough scan again
CCleaner again

This is extremely frustrating and I know that it has to be something simple that I am overlooking.

Can anybody help me out?
Thanks,
Mark W

Sorry if the error msg didn't show on original post. I guess you can't PASTE into text field. Here is the error msg... this one is in Firefox but I get the some types of errors in my other browsers.

Attachments

• Untitled.jpg
    Untitled.jpg
    28.9 KB · Views: 4
Thanks for your time and effort. Here is the log file.

Attachments

• hijackthis1.txt
    12.6 KB · Views: 1
Log looks fine - though I would recommend getting rid of AVG and replacing it with Avira (also free).

Does the same message come up on all browsers (including Chrome)? If so...most likely some other issue other than Flash, since Chrome has Flash built-in and doesn't use an external plugin.

I'd recommend doing a disk check:

Start -> type 'cmd' (without quotes) -> right click -> run as admin -> in the console window that pops up type:
chkdsk C: /f /r
Press Enter and it will say it cannot lock the current drive and to run on next reboot. Type Y and hit Enter -> Reboot your computer and let it run through the check (it may take some time, depending on how big your HDD is).

UPDATE:
Scan of hdd kept stalling at 11%

I went to the Win8 disk and did a SYSTEM REFRESH (keeping all my files).
This did the trick. I have installed Chrome and Firefox. All 3 browsers now play flash videos without problems.

Thank you for your help.
Mark

The disk check may look like it's stalling, but it is usually still running as long as you see the disk activity light flashing.

Glad to hear you got it working after refreshing your system though.

Back
Top Bottom