Setting up Openfire server. Need help creating MsSQL DB

QuaziBee

Daemon Poster
Hey guys.

I'm setting up an Openfire server on a Windows Server 2012 box that, for now, will be the only thing happening on it.

I don't want to use the embedded database feature of Openfire so I need to create a new database for it. I'm using mySQL for this and have downloaded and installed 5.6.

Using this website for instructions I have used the cmd line to create an empty database; however, I have no idea how to import the schema file that's provided with Openfire.

Can anybody walk me through the cmds needed to import the schema after i have:
create database openfire;
use openfire;

cheers

Using a GUI will be easier.

Use MySQL WorkBench: MySQL :: MySQL Workbench

I assume you have a SQL file script for OpenFire; you should be able to import the script, or copy/paste the contents of the script into a new query window.

BTW, your title for your topic indicates you're running MS SQL (Microsoft SQL), but you're running MySQL. Might wanna fix that ;).

EDit: also the insructions you linked tells you what command you need to run to import the SQL schema file:
3. Import the schema file from the resources/database directory of the installation folder:
Unix/Linux: cat openfire_mysql.sql | mysql [databaseName];
Windows: type openfire_mysql.sql | mysql [databaseName];

Last edited:
Re: Setting up Openfire server. Need help creating MySQL DB

Oopse, that was a misstype.

Does the .sql file need to be in a particular directory? I get syntax errors when I try running it as shown, and if I try typing out the path to the file.

Last edited:
Was able to import it from the mysql cmd line with the following:

use openfire;
source c:/temp/openfire_mysql.sql

Since their website is loading the file and piping it into mysql, i'm guessing they aren't expecting you to use the actual mysql cli.

Back
Top Bottom