Server windows 2003r2 Operating system hdd dead

dollargirl

Solid State Member
Hey friends i need some help because i cannot find out how to bring that server to run. A guess the hard disk that has the operating system installed has physically crashed. By booting that server with a live cd i have found out that the 4 disks that are installed in that pc are dynamic disks and they are mirrored .So we have Disk with Os that has crashed. ( Disk 0 dynamic is mirrored with Disk 2 dynamic) ( Disk 1 dynamic mirrored with Disk 3 dynamic)....Now the problem is that the Operating system isnt running any idea how do i bring it back to work by installing a new hdd for the new OS installation ?

Have you tried installing the new disk where disk 2 is and place that where disk 0 was? Since they are mirrored it should bring the server back online by replacing the crashed disk with the mirrored copy of it and from there placing a new drive where you took the mirrored drive from.

Well im just guessing because that server is a normal computer but with many disks and somehow mirrored

This is the current situation now thenserver detects all drives see attached also the error message

Attachments

• image-340806478.jpg
    image-340806478.jpg
    39.7 KB · Views: 1
  • image-986342247.jpg
    image-986342247.jpg
    32.4 KB · Views: 1
It's possible that the raid array has failed, but the hdd disks are still o.k.
You can try the software from the drive manufacture to check the health status of each drive, You may need to wait for more help if the software wants to make repairs on the drive, you do not want to damage the raid array any more if you can help it

Was it a software RAID Array or was the disk mirrored in another way? The boot information was not carried over, so that tells me that it doesn't look like a RAID Array. As the boot information is hidden and system protected file. Therefor it wouldn't be easily copied to another drive unless it was a proper RAID.

So in order to fix this you will need the Server Install Media and basically create the boot information on the drive yourself.

Thanks both of youfor the replay. Please can you help me and tell me what do i need to do in order to make this server run?

Back
Top Bottom