Server Monitoring Software

Shad498

Beta member
Hi Everyone

I was wondering if someone could recommend any software to me that could monitor our Servers. As our company grows we have more and more servers that we need to keep an eye on and we have 2 sites based at different ends of the Country in the UK.

We have around 8 servers with a few VM servers and a couple of server boxes with Win7 installed.

Ideally we would like to monitor these for any problems as it would not always be obvious when something happens to one of them.

We have an email account set up which converts emails to a text message so we get Alerts straight to our phones at work. The main things we want to monitor are:

Power - In case power drops
Network - If the machine loses connection
Hard Drive Errors - In case the drives fail
Hard Drive Space - so we know when we need to do some clearing up.

In addition there may be other things we could do with being reported on, we have several automated processes which load files into another program every 10 minutes, I know this is a lot more advanced, but it would be nice if the software had something advanced built in that we could look at using in the future.

Free software would be perfect if possible, but if there is some software on the market which we need to pay for, then it shouldn't be a problem (preferably software which is a 1 off payment).

Can anyone help out?

We use ManageEngine Opmanager. We are really happy with it. It definitely has limitations - but it's extremely customizable and will monitor most things. Anything it can't inherently monitor you can configure smtp traps to trigger whatever you want in Opmanager.

Again it has limitations, i find it's good for mid sized businesses. Any gaps can be monitored locally on the host using iDRAC / ILO / vmware.

Kaseya, N-Able and Orion are the three I'm most familiar with. None of which are free, but they do the job the best.

Back
Top Bottom