Server 2008 Gaming - please help!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Da Viksta

Ninja Stargate Addict
Hey Guys

I have server 2008, and have decided to use it for gaming, as i have heard it is excellent at that, however, whenever i load a game in DX10 mode, it tells me that the "program has stopped working" and makes me close, however this only happens when the game loads up and isnt maximised ie still has a window around itself. can anyone tell me how to get around this problem?

it only happens to dx10 games, i can run the dx9 version properly, but i'd rather play in dx10 mode. the games affected are crysis, crysis warhead and assasins creed so far. i havent tried any other dx10 games yet...

please help!

try this:

go to run, type services.msc....find the tablet PC input service, open it up ...click stop service and change it to disabled.

im afraid that didnt help :( ..the game doesnt start with the focus on the window, and that causes windows to close the program and give me the annoying error message

if it helps, here is the message itself:

Problem signature:
Problem Event Name: APPCRASH
Application Name: AssassinsCreed_Dx10.exe
Application Version: 1.0.0.1
Application Timestamp: 47cf422d
Fault Module Name: kernel32.dll
Fault Module Version: 6.0.6001.18000
Fault Module Timestamp: 4791a81d
Exception Code: 00000879
Exception Offset: 0002f35f
OS Version: 6.0.6001.2.1.0.272.7
Locale ID: 2057
Additional Information 1: b667
Additional Information 2: 1690b4b4dd3f8e53e4e111c04f1bfd15
Additional Information 3: b0f5
Additional Information 4: 9059a035099718a7dee097ef49d39175

does that mean anything to you guys?

not sure what else to suggest. It's not a server08 problem, it happens on some vista setups too.

I would just use DX9 mode, you get better performance that way anyway.

fair enough, thanks anyways. i got around the crysis problems by just not doing anything after clicking on the icon. it should be ok, i cant run the dx10 features on crysis and im not missing much on assasins creed...

You have to remember. It is a SERVER OS not a Desktop OS. So it will not function the same way. Somethings may work while others may not. It was not designed to play games and be a multimedia OS. It was made to be a Server. It was made for those types of things which are not related to desktops.

So yeah it will take tricks and quirks to get it to work.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom