Sending an mp3 to my cell phone

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aesthetic

Baseband Member
I just purchased a new phone, and I want to put some mp3's from my hard drive onto the phone and use them as ringtones. I don't have a data cable or anything.

Is there any site/software that will allow me to send an mp3 file to my phone?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

--Al

this is not working for me. my phone is not supported by the web site. is there any other way around this problem?

do you have verizon? if so, forget it.

on my nokia 6230, i pull the MMC card out of my phont behind the battery and stick it in my card reader, put the mp3s or videos on it and stick it back in my phone and im good to go, thats faster than using bluetooth.

like i said, verizon are cell phone nazi's, when they got their first mp3 phone in, they replaced the firmware to turn off mp3 playback until they figured out how to sell mp3s ... their bluetooth is always limited to headsets only ...they only run java apps that are signed by verizon (and of course sold through their service) ... you can only use ring tones that are sold through them ... you can't put a sim card in a verizon phone, they have the sim card sockets removed and just solder a chip on or something.

I have T-Mobile.

I also just purchased a data cable today which fits in my phone, but I have absolutely no idea where I can find some free software which will actually transfer an mp3 onto my phone.

Can anybody help with this?

the general said:
do you have verizon? if so, forget it.

on my nokia 6230, i pull the MMC card out of my phont behind the battery and stick it in my card reader, put the mp3s or videos on it and stick it back in my phone and im good to go, thats faster than using bluetooth.

like i said, verizon are cell phone nazi's, when they got their first mp3 phone in, they replaced the firmware to turn off mp3 playback until they figured out how to sell mp3s ... their bluetooth is always limited to headsets only ...they only run java apps that are signed by verizon (and of course sold through their service) ... you can only use ring tones that are sold through them ... you can't put a sim card in a verizon phone, they have the sim card sockets removed and just solder a chip on or something.

They don't have SIM cards. Verizon is not GSM.

Aesthetic said:
I have T-Mobile.

I also just purchased a data cable today which fits in my phone, but I have absolutely no idea where I can find some free software which will actually transfer an mp3 onto my phone.

Can anybody help with this?

What phone do you have? Brand, model.

Aesthetic said:
Samsung SGH-X660

My carrier is T-Mobile.

Get Samsung PC Studio 3. Google for it. If that doesn't work, get Samsung PC Studio 2.
My dad's GF has a Samsung SGH-E760 and v3 didn't work, but v2 did.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom