Sell me on Linux

Status
Not open for further replies.
My copy of XP takes only 5 seconds on the black bootup screen. How is it more stable, during my short time using RedHat 7 with the Ext2 file system. I got a corrupted file system and had to re-install 2 times.

2 things....

1) how long does it take from you hit the power button to when windows loads and stops loading up programs??

2) the computer used for this test is slower than the specs posted on your picture.

tell you what, play ut2003 and a linux box, i've heard that its compatible, and see how it feels.

reason being, linux uses WAY less resources than winxp, that means more hardware power towards playing your game, than background tasks, that you will not be currently using.

i had a friend that did this, he cranked the gfx all the way up on linux, and when he tried it on winxp, he had to tone down the gfx options here and there.

Hey I also want linux man, I need it (sorta) but I really want it. I hate Microsoft and I just dont want to put up with it all of the time. The only problem is...like I said, neither of our computers will support linux. I looked it up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom