Seeminly Unsolveable Problem! Reply ASAP!

Status
Not open for further replies.
OK! My dad is gonna see if he can find all the disks I need (windows disk, computer disk etc) Anyone know a guide on reformatting and backing up programs?

Yes I know that! What i want is more detailed instructions on reformatting and how to back up save files which are in the program directory and if there is a way to backup System Mechanic etc with it still being registered so I don't have to rebuy the software license.

It doesn't matter the only real programs i have on it are Test Drive Inlimited, Star Wars Battlefront, Maplestory and a few realarcade games + ZoneAlarm and System Mechanic.

Before i refromat though should I try changing networks cords etc to see if the internet speeds up?

If you have issues with the net you have to conatct your ISP. See if you are having Modem issues. Also try to ping Google or something. IT could also be cause of the issues you are having that the net is slow.

OK so i pinged websites through command prompt and this is what it said:

icrosoft Windows XP [Version 5.1.2600]
(C) Copyright 1985-2001 Microsoft Corp.

C:\Documents and Settings\jjlinossier>ping yahoo.com

Pinging yahoo.com [206.190.60.37] with 32 bytes of data:

Request timed out.
Request timed out.
Request timed out.
Request timed out.

Ping statistics for 206.190.60.37:
Packets: Sent = 4, Received = 0, Lost = 4 (100% loss),

C:\Documents and Settings\jjlinossier>ping msn.com

Pinging msn.com [207.68.172.246] with 32 bytes of data:

Request timed out.
Request timed out.
Request timed out.
Request timed out.

Ping statistics for 207.68.172.246:
Packets: Sent = 4, Received = 0, Lost = 4 (100% loss),

As far as I can tell it seems like it didn't work. I will disable Zonealarm and see if it works.

OK! So i disabled Zonealarm and tried it again with a few more websites aswell as the first 2 and they all timed out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom