See sharing in XP

Status
Not open for further replies.

Max Power

Mr Beans Sidekick
Ok well I notice on my Vista PC I can find my XP PC just from the network folder in the start menu.

Ok but when I go on my XP PC how can I find my Vista PC and access files from it?

On your XP computer, go to Start > Control Panel > Network and Internet > Windows Firewall > Advanced > Settings (ICMP)

Make sure the "Allow incoming echo request" is checked. Press OK and see if the Vista PC shows up. Might want to check the PING from the DOS prompt on both computers too.

okay on your vista pc, right click on your network in the right hand corner, and click on "Network and Sharing Centre" from the list. when the window opens, under "Network and Discovery" header make sure Network Discovery and file sharing is under ON. i also turned "Password protected sharing" OFF because people who tried accessing my shared folder had to type in my login password on vista, to access the sharing folder.;) Hope this helps:)

I can't seem to find my Windows Firewall on my XP Home machine at all... Theres not "Security Center" in control panel or anything, its like it has no windows firewall.

basicly if your wondering why I'm doing this its that my XP is 32 bit and Vista is 64 and Ipod Touch only support 32 bit. So I want to be able to see all my music from my Vista PC on my XP one and import them into a Itunes library on the XP machine to sync onto touch.

okay on your vista pc, right click on your network in the right hand corner, and click on "Network and Sharing Centre" from the list. when the window opens, under "Network and Discovery" header make sure Network Discovery and file sharing is under ON. i also turned "Password protected sharing" OFF because people who tried accessing my shared folder had to type in my login password on vista, to access the sharing folder.;) Hope this helps:)

follow what i said ^^^^^^^ on VISTA

It was already set that way =/

And also on XP Home where EXACTLY would I go to find my Vista PC

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom