Screen recorder for mac os X 10.3

jreidsma

Baseband Member
Hi everyone :)

I just got a iBook Clamshell a week or so ago, it came with os version 9 but in fear that there may have been unwanted software or anything I installed 10.3.5 on it. I am wanting to record its screen but I have ran into so issues in doing so.

It has a 466MHz PowerPC G3 and it says 576MB SDRAM, I haven't opened it so I don't know for sure.

I have tried the following:
Debut, free version and trial. It either will not open or when it does the finder face symbol comes up and says it cannot be run because it may be damaged.

Screen Movie Recorder, won't even open and says that there is no mountable filesystem

Screenography, same as screen move recorder

flash it, for classic os and will not open in mac os x. message comes up "an error has occurred while expanding the file "flash it3.02.sit.hqx" (unexpected end of file)" There isn't a space in between flash and it in the file name but when I type it that way it gets *ed out.

snapper, will open fine but is very slow to the point of freezing up and exiting or if it does record it can not save and gives me an error message saying "error exporting move: qterr, unable to export movie"

So any ideas on a screen recorder for mac os 10.3 or how to get one of those about working properly?

Last edited:
Well...I would say you could use QuickTime but that functionality wasn't added until 10.6

Your iBook can run 10.4.11, but that might not help you much here... off-topic: 576mb is the maximum for the iBook.

From what I've seen, most working screen recorders are made for later versions with higher system requirements. Camtasia and SnapzProX require 10.6 and 10.7 respectively.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom