Screen keeps minimizing (in-game)

Status
Not open for further replies.

aliasaid

Fully Optimized
I'm having trouble figuring out what keeps minimizing my screen. It only happens in-game. It doesn't happen with other windows. The 2 games i play are CS:Source, and PES2009. I'm still not sure who the culprit is, but i'm leaning towards AVG. Does anyone have any experience with this? I ruled out Windows Sidebar since it still minimizes when its closed.

Thanks for the help. I hope i posted this in the right section...

Any chance you are hitting the windows button between ctrl and alt?
If the start menu is expanded when it happens then that is the cause.
My keyboard has a game mode which disables it saving me from that problem.

If not turn off avg and game to test your theory.

No i'm pretty sure thats not it, because with PES2009 i use a gamepad and there's no windows button on there :p

I just noticed that i have to force close AVG using ctrl-alt-delete... When i try to close it just minimizes into the taskbar.

Hey!! that seemed to have done the trick!

So what now? Do i get a different anti-virus? Or do i have to turn AVG off everytime i play? Or is there a special setting for it...?

Well I was an avid user of AVG until I used M$ security essentials. I have switched all of my computers over and would recommend you giving it a try as well.

M$? Is that your way of saying that it costs money? lol..

If its free, i'll try it!

lol, i knew you meant microsoft.... but instead of MS you said M$ so i figured maybe you meant it cost money....

anyways, thanks for that. I'll give it a shot.

Yes, it requires validation. Unless you are running a non-legit copy that shouldn't be a problem (or even with certain non-legit ones).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom