SC2 will not open

Status
Not open for further replies.

pro2a

In Runtime
I need some help here. Starcraft 2 has stopped working for me. I have uninstalled and reinstalled it with no luck. Each time I open the game, it loads in a black screen for a second then I get this error. I think it is an OS issue and not the game since I did a clean install and it's still giving me the same problem. Any ideas would be appreciated.

sc2errorz.jpg

Below is the text of the error.

Problem signature:
Problem Event Name: APPCRASH
Application Name: SC2.exe
Application Version: 1.1.2.16755
Application Timestamp: 4cae3507
Fault Module Name: SC2.exe
Fault Module Version: 1.1.2.16755
Fault Module Timestamp: 4cae3507
Exception Code: c0000005
Exception Offset: 00219eee
OS Version: 6.1.7600.2.0.0.768.3
Locale ID: 1033
Additional Information 1: b80f
Additional Information 2: b80fa8aa693f9630e858f5a976d06b8a
Additional Information 3: 2ade
Additional Information 4: 2adea04e810ac36f6067d59a816f636a

Read our privacy statement online:
Windows 7 Privacy Statement - Microsoft Windows

If the online privacy statement is not available, please read our privacy statement offline:
C:\Windows\system32\en-US\erofflps.txt

That is not an OS Error. That is saying that SC2 is the problem and that is crashing. So i would use something like Revo Uninstaller to remove the program and make sure that all of the files are gone. Including game saves. I would then proceed to make sure that you have all updated drivers. Then try reinstalling the game.

Any reason why it would just happen for no reason? I played with him many times before. He never had an issue until now. AFAIK, nothing has changed hardware-wise.

Edit: Even the latest patch worked fine.

That is not an OS Error. That is saying that SC2 is the problem and that is crashing. So i would use something like Revo Uninstaller to remove the program and make sure that all of the files are gone. Including game saves. I would then proceed to make sure that you have all updated drivers. Then try reinstalling the game.

Thanks Mak. After about an hour of doing what you suggested SC2 works now :) Revo is an awesome program... and you were right, my GPU and northbridge drivers needed updated as well. Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom