saved games?

Status
Not open for further replies.

massacreinfallx

Fully Optimized
if i were to reinstall windows would there be anyway to take the save files from allof my games and put them on a disk, then when i reinstall the games i could just load up that disk and have all of my progress still?

yeah i do that alot with need for speed and other games, just that each game saves there files in a different location, some store the saves in the root where the game is installed and some like need for speed most wanted store it in a hidden folder inside of my docs. so you can do it, you just have to know where all the saves are on your drive.

like for games that you create a player profile for you search that name and chances are it works. like if your player name in need for speed most wanted is "bob" just run a search in all files and folders for that name and youll see like BOB.TLM and all sorts of other extensions.

Best thing to do is contact devellopers for the games and ask them. Different games saves gets stored in different locations.

Most of the times you should see a PROFILES or SAVE GAMES folder.

However, before you format your hard drive, check to make sure your game is either running
1. The version avalable from disk.
2. The latest version after updates.
3. Or you have at least all the patch files stored some where so you can get to the version that your were playing last.

I have seen game saves not work if you are using a different version of the same game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom