Same search terms are being queried 800 times a day on my website

Status
Not open for further replies.

pdubb

Beta member
I have a website that has recently been set up in the last year. (magento based)
I've noticed that the same search terms "1" & "3" & "pro" and many others, are being queried about 500-800 times a day.

Within Magento there is a tab that you can view current customers online. I noticed one I.P. address was on the website with many different octet node computers (180.76.5.x and 180.76.6.x). Many different computers from that IP were on the website (180.76.5.110, 180.76.5.220, 180.76.5.224 etc)

I searched the I.P. and found it was based in China so i did a simple .htaccess file and denied all the IP's within that range. I thought this would cure the issue with the searches as I thought someone in China was constantly checking to see if the website was active or something along those lines, but still to this day, the search queries are constantly being entered.

Is this an attack by rival website to make my conversion rate look like crap so I fall out of Google rankings?
Is there a way I can see who is searching all of these queries?

I'm truly lost here. Has anyone heard of this before?

Current IP Example: 95.108.150.235

Thanks for any help anyone can provide.

Regards,
Pdubb

there are so many different things that could be going on here. I'd have to look under the hood the really be sure. Either way good job blocking the IP address. It could have been a mass submitter or research tool accessing your site on subnet proxies as well. Either way you did the right thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom