S.T.A.L.K.E.R. : Clear Sky / TAGES

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pezzy

In Runtime
Hi all.

I remember some years ago when the first S.T.A.L.K.E.R. Shadow of Chernobyl came out, and my system at that time couldn't handle it. My system can now handle it so I bought it and played it through (a bit buggy/ glitchy, even with the latest patches!!).

So now I picked up S.T.A.L.K.E.R. Clear Sky. I install it, and when I g to launch the game to play it for the first time, a little interface/ template pops up informing me that some drivers are about t be installed, and I see the name "TAGES".

This is copy write protection software, as I'm sure you know. I believe this may be the first time I've played a game that has this type of protection on it. In the past, I had a run-in with StarForce. Some of you may know about THAT protection software. Nasty stuff; at the time, I believe it was so intrusive that it screwed up my system for a while.

I've played games that have SecuRom; that stuff doesn't seem too bad.

Instead of launching Clear Sky when that TAGES template popped up, I canceled it and wrote to the TAGES company....but then, writing to the company usually just gets you the "company line". They're gonna stand behind their product and tell you nothing but good things about it.

Any of you know if TAGES is "safe" or not? Anything dangerous about it? Anything along the lines of that StarForce crap?

I've even heard of some copy protection software that limits the number of installs you can do.

Anyone have the inside info on this TAGES?

Thanks!
Pez

Tages is a pretty weak protection system and doesn't do any of the alleged damage that StarForce can cause. Go ahead and install it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom