Running an .exe with options automatically

Status
Not open for further replies.

anaki

Beta member
Is there a way to take an executable and re-make it to run automatically with the dozens of flags and options that sometimes follow it in the command prompt?
Thank you very much for helping,
anaki

Hello,

What exactly are you looking to do? No there is no way to remake a executable file. You would have to de-complie the executable file and then code into the file what you are looking for and then re-compile the executable file.

Unless it is a open source program you are looking to do this with it cant be done cause decompiling a executable file is frowned upon.

You might be able to make a batch file but it depends on which flags or whatever it is you are looking to do can be done with a batch file.

Cheers,
Mak

Thank you for your very quick reply, Mak213!

Yes, a batch file would do fine in this case, and that is what I've done up to now. However, I thought it would be nice to have it all in one neat package.

I use MEncoder to convert .ogg video to .avi, and there are lines and lines of options. I was looking for a way to clean that debris up.

Thank you again,
anaki

Hello,

Why not try another converter program? In the topic that says Read First there is a topic in there called Recommended Software for Certain tasks. Might find something in there.

Cheers,
Mak

I looked up MEncoder, all I got was info on a Linux based MEncoder, what is the homepage of that program please anaki?

I was going to suggest using something much easier as well, if you have to do this alot there are certainly shareware programs or trialware that you can try, like ones by ImToo.

I use command files all the time. Create the commands the way you would at the command prompt in Notepad. Save the file with an .cmd extension. Any executables require its full path. 8.3 filenames are much easier to work with. Shortcuts then can be made for command files. Any parameters passed to the shortcut will be passed on to the command file. You'll will be able drag an ogg file into the shortcut and out comes an avi. I guess this is what you're wanting to do.

I was also thinking along the lines of making a bat or cmd file with your flags and just running that file.

But one thing you could check out is t@b media converter. The reason I'm bringing that up is because it's a graphical front-end for mencoder, which you're already using. It's a nice graphical way to do anything that mencoder can do. It also requires Sox, which is included with the Windows download.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom