RSS for my Blog

Status
Not open for further replies.

Griggs2121

Baseband Member
I just have a simple website that I've been updating with blog postings. I'd like these posts to be able to be subscribed by RSS users. I keep finding stuff about how to put active RSS feeds on my site, but I want MY BLOG to be an RSS feed. I feel like this should be really simple but I'm not seeing anything in Dreamweaver CS3 which is what I used to make my site.

Heres a link to my site in case that helps. Natural Vision Photography

Thanks

Hey there! If you're pretty well set on not using blogging software, there is a way to have your own RSS feeds. I'm going to put my two cents in here and suggest WordPress (which automatically makes RSS feeds for your blog), but that's all I'll say on the matter unless prompted. ;)

RSS is simply XML data that conforms to a standard, much like xHTML. W3Schools has a great tutorial on creating your own RSS feeds.

I just learned a little bit about WordPress and I think redoing my entire site is a bit extreme to add RSS and probably not worth it at this time. Although I may go there at some point. Thanks for the link!

Unless you want to manually update your XML file every time you make a change or a new post, you're going to want to have a server side language like PHP or ASP dynamically create an XML file for your RSS.

Unless you want to manually update your XML file every time you make a change or a new post, you're going to want to have a server side language like PHP or ASP dynamically create an XML file for your RSS.

It seems that this is how he's doing his blog too, manually updating his HTML files.

Yea I just edit my hmtl index file. Just type in the new entry and overwrite it on the server.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom