Restore Points keep disappearing

troy01

Solid State Member
I got a new HP laptop with Windows10 and restore points keep disappearing even though I have allocated a lot of GBs for it. Anyone gone through this and can suggest a solution?

I got a new HP laptop with Windows10 and restore points keep disappearing even though I have allocated a lot of GBs for it. Anyone gone through this and can suggest a solution?
what does "restore points keep disappearing" mean?
how much is "a lot of GBs"
By default in Windows 10 have been reserved for restore points 4% of drive or partition space. But You can change it, even disable at all.
Sometimes people deletes all restore points if clean up disk or partition. Sometimes people turn on automatical disk clean up.
Increasing it generally has no effect because the number of restore points is also limited.
Have You checked, maybe there have been turned on automatic cleanup?
One more thing - Restore points have a limited usefulness after which they are automatically deleted by the operating system. Trying to restore an old restore point can make your PC unstable. In Windows 7, restore points had a 90-day life; that period has been reduced for Windows 10, but I don't know how long it is now.
In addition, all restore points are deleted after upgrades, as they are no longer applicable and restoring them could damage your copy of Windows.
If you want to restore something after a long time, you need to make backups.
NB! Backup is not a restore point, they are two completely different things.

Back
Top Bottom