Resource Monitor shows constant pinging

JoeB67

Beta member
Hi,
Yesterday my internet started running a little slow. I checked resource monitor, and it shows the network being pinged about once a second. Way too many TCP connections.

May be because of a spammy site I got stuck on yesterday? It wouldn't let me close IE. I had to restart the computer to break the connection. I ran Malwarebites and AdAware -- nothing found.

Also yesterday, the power went off a couple of times -- don't know if that matters.

I had this problem a few months ago, and disabled SSDP. It's still off. I'm not a gamer. Comcast/Xfinity modem/router. Windows 7.

Any ideas? Thanks very much in advance.

Did you run a virus scan? Malware/spyware scan apps won't scan for regular virus usually.

If your power went off a couple times and your stuff is not on a UPS you may have had damage to your HDD or modem/gateway. I would do a power refresh on the modem/gateway just to be sure.

Thanks for your response, PPM. I may have figured it out. I use Epic browser, and they recently added a "video download helper." I right clicked it and found that there are options there to turn off some of its features. I unchecked a bunch -- I don't need it anyway. That seems to have stopped the pinging.

Never heard of that, so I went to Google. 90% of what they claim is bogus and I'd suspect it could cause more problems than good. Not real sure why you'd be using it but if there isn't a pure necessity I'd go back to a standard browser.

Back
Top Bottom