Resolution problem & icons imgs not loading

Status
Not open for further replies.

crossed_wires

Solid State Member
Hi all. I'm fairly new here, but it looks like a great site. I have a couple of annoying problems with my computer that I was hoping someone may have a solution, or at least a suggestion, to:

1) About 50% of the icons for shortcuts/links on my desktop aren't loading. I've already tried rebooting and checking the paths to no avail. The links still work, they just look like generic white windowed icons. The same thing happened to the shortcuts on the start menu (IE, Macafee, etc). I also ran a virus scan w/ Macafee and nothing was detected(I keep it updated). Is there a config file that can just be reloaded? What about tweakUI? Will that help? Oh yeah, this is on WinXP Media Center 2005.

2) I also have a resolution problem, usually when exiting to desktop after playing a game, but sometimes upon booting into Windows. MY desktop resolution is set to 1440x900(widescreen), but the game in question (Oblivion), I usually play at 1024x900(or so) and when I come back, I see my desk top split in half(each side a copy of the other) with everything all blurry and hard to read. It comes back when I refresh my display settings, but do I really have to do that every time? There *must* be another way. And why would it do that upon booting into windows? It was wierd -- it wasn't doing this one day and then, the next day, it started with seemingly nothing different.

Any suggestions are most appreciated. Thanks!
-Ryan

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom