Replacing Heatsink???

Status
Not open for further replies.

shefon20

Beta member
Hello to all....:D ok i got a laptop which is a Sony VAIO VGN-N250E after a year its fan stopped working so i tried to see what went wrong and took my laptop to a Fry's Store there they said it would cost around ~$280 for checking what causes???, replacing and installing a new fan... so i decided to do myself so i ordered a new fan which unfortunately comes with a heatsink :confused: which idk??? so i started opening my laptop got each and every screws out but still i can't open it...????? got any idea how to do so??? as i am stuck with it??? Help would be appreciated....:D

Do you have the documentation of your motherboard? If not then look up the manufacturer of your motherboard and print out the documentation. That documentation should tell you how to take that apart. You will also need to purchase some thermal paste to put on the new heatsink if the new processcor does not come with it.

Ace

Can you post up an picture of your underside of your laptop?
The problem with replacing laptop Heatsinks is that you need to get to the laptop's motherboard. This can be easy, or it can be a royal pain.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom